Tokugawa Art Museum
- Established: 1935
- Japanese: 徳川 美術館 (Tokugawa bijutsukan)
Founded in 1935 by Marquis Tokugawa Yoshichika, 19th head of the Owari Tokugawa, and run by the Tokugawa Reimeikai Foundation he established four years earlier, the museum is chiefly organized around conserving and displaying that family's collection of artifacts.
The original museum building was divided into three sections, each displaying a different genre of works from the collection. Early exhibitions included ones which emphasized Tokugawa lineage and its connections to the Imperial family. The Shôwa Emperor made a formal visit to the museum in 1937, two years after its opening.
- Morgan Pitelka, Spectacular Accumulation, University of Hawaii Press (2016), 167-169.