Shuri Kinjo stone-paved road
The Shuri Kinjô ishi-tatami road is a section of historical cobblestone road, running south from Shuri castle for a distance of about 300 meters. Constructed in 1522 under King Shô Shin, it was originally part of the royal Pearl Road which connected the castle to Naha Port. This section, located in Shuri's Kinjô neighborhood, survived the Battle of Okinawa, and continues today to be lined with homes in the traditional style.
- Shuri Kinjô-chô ishitatami michi," Okinawa Compact Encyclopedia 沖縄コンパクト事典, Ryukyu Shimpo, 1 March 2003.