- Date: 1774
- Authors: Sugita Genpaku, Maeno Ryôtaku, Nakagawa Jun'an, Katsuragawa Hoshû, et al
- Illustrations: Odano Naotake
- Japanese: 解体新書 (kaitai shinsho)
Kaitai shinsho ("New Book of Anatomy") was the first European anatomy book to be widely published & circulated in Japanese translation. It was adapted by Sugita Genpaku, Maeno Ryôtaku, Nakagawa Jun'an, Katsuragawa Hoshû and others from the Dutch Ontleedkundige Tafelen, which in turn was based on the German Anatomische Tabellen by Johann Adam Kulm, or Kulmus. The illustrations in the Japanese volume were prepared by Odano Naotake, and a preface was written by Yoshio Kôsaku.
- David Lu, Japan: A Documentary History, ME Sharpe (1997), 263-266.
- Gallery labels, Tôyô Bunko.