- Titles: 図書之助 (Zusho no suke), 図書頭 (Zusho gashira)
- Other Names: 林晃 (Hayashi Akira)
- Japanese: 林 鶯渓 (Hayashi Oukei)
Hayashi Ôkei was a head of the Hayashi family of Confucian advisors to the Tokugawa shogunate. The son of Hayashi Fukusai, he is known for his involvement in compiling the Tsûkô ichiran zokushû, and for his involvement otherwise in foreign translation and foreign affairs matters of the last decades of the Edo period.
- Ishin Shiryô Kôyô 維新史料綱要, vol 1 (1937).
- Miyagi Eishô 宮城栄昌, Ryûkyû shisha no Edo nobori 琉球使者の江戸上り, Tokyo: Daiichi Shobô (1982), 1-2.