Revision as of 21:13, 15 October 2019 by LordAmeth
Kaei 3 (嘉永三年)
Timeline of 1850
- 1850/6/2 A Ryukyuan embassy to Edo led by Prince Tamagawa Chôtatsu, departs Naha for Kagoshima.
- 1850/6/25 An American ship arrives at Naha.
- 1850/7/1 Prince Tamagawa and others have an audience with Shimazu Narioki at Kagoshima castle.
- 1850/8/21 The Ryukyuan embassy departs Kagoshima for Edo.
- 1850/8/25 Tokugawa Akinori, younger brother of Tokugawa Yoshiatsu (lord of Mito han), is adopted into the Ikeda clan to become lord of Tottori han.
- 1850/10/29 The merchant ship Eirikimaru, with Kumano no Denkichi aboard, gets caught in a storm and becomes adrift at sea.
- 1850/10/30 The Ryukyuan embassy arrives in Edo.
- 1850/11/19 Prince Tamagawa, Shimazu Narioki, and others are granted an audience with Shogun Tokugawa Ieyoshi and his heir Tokugawa Iesachi at Edo castle.
- 1850/11/22 Prince Tamagawa and other members of the Ryukyuan embassy go up to Edo castle and are formally granted leave to return to Ryukyu.
- 1850/12/11 The Ryukyuan embassy departs Edo.
Other Events of 1850
Births and Deaths
- 1850/1/6 Ikeda Shichisaburô, member of the Shinsengumi, is born (d. 1938).
- 1850/1/20 Matsudaira Naritsune, lord of Kawagoe han, dies.
- 1850/2/14 Kiyoura Keigo, Prime Minister of Japan, is born (d. 1942).
- 1850/5/23 Ikeda Yoshitaka, lord of Tottori han, dies.
- 1850/5/25 Kurushima Michikata, lord of Mori han, dies.
- 1850/6/24 Ichijô Hideko, wife of shogunal heir Tokugawa Iesachi, dies.
- 1850/10/1 Ii Naoaki, daimyô of Hikone han, dies (b. 1794).
- 1850/10/30 Takano Chôei, rangaku scholar, commits suicide (b. 1802).
- William Sturgis Bigelow is born (d. 1926).
- Basil Hall Chamberlain is born (d. 1935).
- Lafcadio Hearn is born (d. 1904).
- Painter Raphael Collin is born (d. 1916).
- Toguchi peechin dies in Kusatsu, Shiga, and is buried at Shôjô-ji.
- Tokugawa Naritomo dies.
- Painter Yamamoto Hôsui is born (d. 1906).