Hôreki 8 (宝暦八年)
Timeline of 1758
Other Events of 1758
- The shogunate establishes a clearinghouse for managing the trade in alum.
- Hôreki Incident - pro-Imperialist rebels attempt to seize Edo.
- Linnaeus writes his Systema Naturae, introducing the Linnaean system of categorization in Europe.
- Namiki Shôzô I introduces the mawari butai (revolving stage).
Births and Deaths
- 1758/11/29 Baba Bunkô, a professional storyteller, is executed for the dissemination of stories and rumors about current events - specifically, the peasant protests in Mino province against Kanamori Yorikane. (b. 1717). His head is put on public display as a warning to others, in a practice known as gokumon.
- Ichikawa Danjûrô II dies (b. 1689).
- Matsudaira Sadanobu is born (d. 1829).
- Yanagisawa Kien dies (b. 1703).