Kan'ei 9 (寛永九年)
Timeline of 1632
- 1632/9/29 The shogunate reissues the buke shohatto, and issues "regulations concerning vassals" (shoshi hatto).
- 1632/12 Posts of Ômetsuke and sakuji bugyô (buildings commissioner) are established.
Other Events of 1632
- Asano Mitsuakira succeeds Asano Nagaakira as daimyo of Hiroshima han.
- Kumamoto castle is taken from the Katô clan and given to Hosokawa Tadaoki by the shogunate.
- Kumejima tsumugi (pongee) cloth is first produced.
- Siege of Shimabara
- Tokugawa Iemitsu issues regulations for the hatamoto.
- Iemitsu builds the Taitokuin mausoleum for Hidetada.
- Relations between the shogunate and the Dutch East India Company, severed in 1628, are restored, following the VOC's surrender of Pieter Nuyts to the shogunate.
Births and Deaths
- 1632/1/24 Retired Shogun Tokugawa Hidetada dies (b. 1579).
- Asano Nagaakira, lord of Hiroshima, dies (b. 1586).
- Buddhist priest Bonshun dies (b. 1553).
- Hideko, daughter of Oda Nobunaga, dies.
- Ikeda Nagayuki dies (b. 1587).
- Matsudaira Yasunaga dies (b. 1562).
- Nabeshima Mitsushige is born (d. 1700).
- Nanbu Toshinao, lord of Morioka, dies.
- Okabe Nagamori dies (b. 1568).
- Sanada Nobumasa dies (b. 1547).