Revision as of 01:35, 2 December 2010 by LordAmeth
Keichô 15 (慶長十五年)
Timeline of 1610
- 1610/1/9 Ieyasu orders daimyo to build Nagoya castle.
- 1610/5/4 Hidetada allows commerce with Mexico.
- 1610/7 Shimazu Iehisa brings envoy from Vietnam to Sunpu.
- 1610/8/16 King of Ryûkyû Shô Nei visits Ieyasu at Sunpu.
- 1610/8/18 Shô Nei departs Sunpu for Edo.
- 1610/8/25 Shô Nei arrives in Edo.
- 1610/9 Inadome Ichimu teaches Inadomeryû Hôjutsu to Ieyasu and Hidetada.
- 1610/9/3 Shô Nei and Shimazu Iehisa meet with Shogun Tokugawa Hidetada.
Other Events of 1610
- San Buena Ventura journeys to Nueva España (Mexico).
- Ayutthaya suppresses a rebellion of Japanese traders and a Laotian invasion. Ekothotsarat is succeeded by Songtham, who encourages trade with Japan and establishes a Japanese royal guard.
- Japanese pirates allegedly attack and kill Temple Peadock, an Englishman in Cham territory. The King of Cambodia writes to the shogun to complain about such attacks.
Births and Deaths
- 1610/8/24 Prince Shô Kô dies (b. 1578).
- Painter Hasegawa Tôhaku dies (b. 1539).
- Illustrator Yamamoto Shunshô is born (d. 1682).