Tenshô 19 (天正十九年)
Timeline of 1591
Other Events of 1591
- Date clan moved from Dewa province to Iwadeyama in Mutsu province by order of Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
- Gamô clan given Aizu as their domain, under the Uesugi clan.
- Hideyoshi, via the Shimazu clan of Satsuma, requests the aid of the Kingdom of Ryûkyû for his invasions of Korea; the request is refused, and Ryûkyû informs Ming Dynasty China of the impending invasion. Fujian Grand Coordinator (Fújiàn xúnfǔ) Zhào Cānlǔ tells the Ministry of War, which conveys the information to the Joseon court.
- Hideyoshi eliminates the last opposition in northern Honshû, uniting Japan under his rule.
- Hideyoshi declares a ban on samurai becoming farmers or merchants, and on farmers becoming merchants.
- Hideyoshi begins construction on Hizen Nagoya castle, in Kyushu, to be used for his Korean Invasions.
Births and Deaths
- 1591/1/22 Toyotomi Hidenaga (b. 1540) dies.
- 1591/2/28 Sen no Rikyû (b. 1522) commits suicide.
- Tsuda Sôgyû dies.