Revision as of 17:38, 8 January 2016 by LordAmeth
Genki 2 (元亀二年)
Timeline of 1571
- 1571/1 Takeda Shingen and Uesugi Kenshin face each other for the last time at the Tone River (Kozuke province).
- 1571/6/14 Môri Motonari dies and is succeded by his grandson, Môri Terumoto
- 1571/8 Tokugawa Ieyasu takes Nagashino (Mikawa province) from Suganuma Sadayoshi.
- 1571/9/12 Nobunaga burns down Enryakuji
- 1571/10/3 Hôjô Ujiyasu dies and is succeded by Ujimasa.
Other Events of 1571
- Akechi Mitsuhide builds Sakamoto Castle at the foot of Mt. Hiei, on the shores of Lake Biwa.
- Amami Ôshima submits to the authority of the Kingdom of Ryûkyû.
- The Holy League (Papal States, Hapsburg Spain, Naples, and Sicily, along with other Catholic states of the Mediterranean) defeat the navy of the Ottoman Empire in the Battle of Lepanto.
- The Ming Dynasty achieves an official peace with the Mongols, granting the rank of "prince" on Altan Khan.
- The King of Portugal bans the enslavement of Japanese, or the trading of Japanese as slaves.
- The Shimazu clan of Satsuma province launches a punitive expedition against Amami Ôshima in response to Ryukyuan refusals to submit to Shimazu authority.
- The Kanze school of Noh relocates to Tokugawa Ieyasu's headquarters of Hamamatsu.
- Maeda Toshiie seizes control of Noto province on behalf of Oda Nobunaga.
- The Spanish, under Miguel López de Legazpi, seize Luzon Island and the port city of Manila from the Muslim ruler Raja Soliman.
Births and Deaths
- 1571/5 Shimazu Takahisa dies.
- 1571/6/14 Môri Motonari dies.
- 1571/10/3 Hôjô Ujiyasu dies.
- Painter Kanô Takanobu is born (d. 1618).
- Tsukahara Bokuden, founder of Kashima Shintô-ryû, dies (b. 1490).