Bunki 3 (文亀三年)
Timeline of 1503
Other Events of 1503
- Asakura Sadakage becomes head of the Asakura clan; a faction within the clan rises up against him.
- Ashikaga Yoshizumi writes to Prince Yeonsan of Korea, requesting that new ivory tallies be made and exchanged.
- The Kingdom of Ryûkyû first appoints oamu (high priestesses) to oversee religious matters in the Miyako Islands.
- Tamura Yoshiaki establishes himself in Miharu castle.
Births and Deaths
- Amano Takashige is born (d. 1584).
- Chôsokabe Kunichika is born (d. 1560).
- Kitabatake Harumoto is born (d. 1563).
- Shimazu Katsuhisa is born (d. 1573).
- Tanegashima Satotoki is born (d. 1567).
- Yûki Masakatsu is born (d. 1559).