Revision as of 16:01, 29 August 2016 by LordAmeth
Bunmei 3 (文明三年)
Timeline of 1471
Other Events of 1471
- The Ashikaga bakufu orders the Shimazu clan of Satsuma province to oversee and manage Japanese ships going to Ryûkyû.
- The Haedong chegukki, a Korean record of Korean relations with Japan and Ryûkyû, is completed.
- Ichijôdani castle is built.
- Sai Kei, the leader of a Ryukyuan mission to China to request investiture for his king, is arrested for wearing a dragon robe; he protests that this was granted to him, his colleagues, and his king by the Emperor of China, but the Ming court ultimately determines that no such robe was granted in the year Sai claims it was.
- King Shô Toku sends a Hakata merchant by the name of Taira Saemonnojô Nobushige as a diplomatic envoy to Korea, on behalf of the Kingdom of Ryûkyû, though the previous agreement cited Taira no Yoshishige as the name of the Hakata merchant.
- Asakura Toshikage breaks his ties with the Shiba clan and switches allegiances from supporting the Yamana clan to supporting the Hosokawa clan.
- Môri Toyomoto switches sides and enters the service of Ôuchi Masahiro.
Births and Deaths
- Emperor Go-Hanazono, who had abdicated in 1464, dies.
- Nôami dies (b. 1397).
- Takeda Nobutsuna is born.