Ôei 9 (応永九年)
Timeline of 1402
Other Events of 1402
- Imagawa Ryôshun writes a critique of the Taiheiki, entitled Nan-Taiheiki.
- An embassy sent to China the previous year by Shogun Ashikaga Yoshimitsu returns to Japan accompanied by a Ming envoy, who presents Yoshimitsu with an official Chinese Imperial calendar, and documents officially recognizing him as "King of Japan."
- Hashi deposes the lord of Azato and seizes his territory.
- Zeami writes the fourth, fifth, and sixth chapters of the Fûshikaden.
Births and Deaths
- The Jianwen Emperor is murdered by his uncle Zhu Di, who then takes the throne as the Yongle Emperor.